The Cysteine treatment is all you need for lustrous, healthy-looking hair and it brings out and nurtures your hair’s healthiest texture. Instead of harsh chemicals, cysteine hair treatment is high in amino acids and natural proteins. These nutrients help heal damage by penetrating the hair shaft.
What is Cysteine Hair Treatment?
Using a curling iron, straightening iron, or other harsh chemicals on your hair can cause it to become dry and weak. Frizzy, unmanageable hair is a possibility. Cysteine hair treatment is one of several treatments that might help your hair become silky, lustrous, and healthy again. The procedure claims to give you lustrous, celebrity-style hair. So, to learn more about cysteine hair treatment, keep reading. Cysteine therapy, also known as Cysteine Complex and Cysteine Hair Smoothing System, is one of the most modern ways for getting straight, silky hair. An amino acid called cysteine is used in therapy to strengthen and straighten your hair. Additionally, the treatment protects your hair from damage, reduces frizz, and adds shine. After the treatment, your hair will be easy to maintain. On ethnic hair, cysteine therapy reduces curl volume by 60%, whereas on Caucasian hair, it reduces curl volume by 70%. If you’ve had treatment on your hair before, wait at least two months before having cysteine.
Cysteine is an excellent way to avoid frizzy and dry hair. This treatment will keep your hair shiny and protect it from all forms of damage. Check out the photographs of cysteine hair treatment before and after for a complete picture. It might be able to persuade you to go through with this advanced hair treatment.
Even if you’ve been experiencing any hair smoothing or straightening side effects, a cysteine treatment can help you repair the damage. You must, however, use the proper shampoo for Cysteine-treated hair. After the treatment, use a sulfate-free shampoo because sulfates can cause the effect to fade. The effect of this semi-permanent treatment lasts for three to five months before gradually fading away. Because it does not contain formaldehyde, cysteine is deemed harmless.
Pros- Cysteine treatment
- It is an effective treatment for those who have suffered hair damage as a result of harsh chemical treatments.
- When compared to keratin and other straightening procedures, cysteine therapy is believed to be relatively safe.
- Even when the treatment’s effect fades, the hair remains healthy for a long time.
- It is both gentle and effective when compared to Keratin treatment.
- Unlike Japanese straightening, this treatment acts directly on the roots, so there is no distinction between fresh growth and treated hair.
- This is the job for you if you want your hair to be straight for a short period of time. It will not permanently change or amend the hair structure.
- There are no formaldehyde alternatives in the recipe, which are typically found in other treatments’ chemicals.
- Girls & Women with dull or frizzy hair who are looking for salon remedies should definitely investigate this choice.
- After the cysteine treatment, your hair will be manageable and frizz-free, allowing you to style it in a variety of ways for any occasion.
- After undergoing this procedure, you will have restored yet natural-looking hair.
Cons- Cysteine Treatment
- It is a temporary hair straightening method that is not ideal for those who require long-term solutions.
- This treatment is expected to last between 12 and 14 weeks.
- There are several limitations to this therapy, such as the cost and the requirement to use only sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner thereafter.
- Henna, dyeing, colouring, or enhancing your hair are all prohibited by the procedure. It’s possible that it’ll remove the cysteine complex from your hair, according to experts.
- Oiling should be used sparingly because it may reduce the effectiveness of this treatment.
- Swimming and other forms of chlorine exposure are also not advised.
Who should get it?
Anyone who has done a lot of chemical treatments, coloring, and heat styling on their hair. If your hair is dry, damaged, or frizzy, you should think about using it to restore it and make it seem beautiful and healthy again. Instead of harsh chemicals, cysteine hair treatment is high in amino acids and natural proteins. These nutrients help heal damage by penetrating the hair shaft.
Even if you’ve been experiencing any hair smoothing or straightening side effects, a cysteine treatment can help you repair the damage. However, you need to apply the right shampoo for Cysteine-treated hair. However, keep in mind that though cysteine treatment reigns as one of the best hair care treatments, it comes with its own set of responsibilities and difficulties. Give this a serious thought, consult a stylist if required, and consider all the factors.
If you are looking for a natural solution for your frizzy hair problem, Cysteine hair treatment is one of the best options, as it’s all-natural Amino acids and natural proteins.
Process for Cysteine treatment
If you are looking for a relaxing break and want to be pampered, go for a cysteine hair treatment, which lasts about three hours and will provide you with an excellent well deserved soothing break!
- The first stage is for an expert to assess your hair type (texture, length, volume, fizziness level, and so on) and tailor a cysteine treatment for you (time, amount of cysteine utilised, and so on).
- The expert will next carefully rinse your hair to remove any debris, pollutants, or excess oils.
- The formula is then applied to semi-wet hair in the following stage. This step guarantees that the cysteine has a better chance of penetrating.
- After that, the hair is blow-dried fully. The expert will next break off small parts of hair and administer cysteine equally on the hair roots and throughout the hair.
- The hair is left for 45-60 minutes after it has been covered completely with the mixture (Usually, not a single strand of hair would be left by the professionals!). Letting it to rest improves outcomes by giving the roots and the hair time to absorb all of the nutrients and protein.
- Following that, the hair is heated, with an ironing process and mild blow dry that emphasises the sleek look even more. Heat activates cysteine, therefore this step is important.
- Finally, the hair is cleansed again with deep conditioner and shampoo that is designed specifically for treated hair. When the hair is dry, damaged, wavy, or frizzy, you will notice that it is no longer damaged, dry, frizzy or wavy. Instead, it’s all straight, silky, shiny, healthy and bouncy.
Tip: If you get bored or agitated during your cysteine treatment, bring a phone with some decent movies and a set of headphones with you.
After-Care Tips for Cysteine treatment
Before obtaining cysteine therapy, there are a few things to consider:
- For a better and longer result, you cannot knot or even wash your hair two days post receiving the cysteine treatment.
- You can only use a shampoo that is free of sulphates.
- To extend the treatment’s life, use a serum (cysteine-based).
- Henna should not be used.
- Swimming should be avoided.
- Shampoo three times every week.
- Hair should not be oiled.
- Get occasional hair spa appointment – yeah, treat yourself!
- Metallic dyes should be avoided.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or undergoing chemical treatments on your hair.
How long do the effects of cysteine hair treatment stay visible? Is it possible for me to do a follow-up treatment as well?
Depending on how you care for your hair, a cysteine hair treatment might last anywhere from 3 to 5 months. Yes, you can receive a follow-up treatment, but it’s best to avoid getting straightening treatments, keratin, or cysteine on a regular basis. You could wish to go with a treatment that is more long-term and promising.
After a cysteine hair treatment, can I use standard shampoo or conditioner?
No way, no how! Regular shampoos are not recommended because they are high in sulfate and can impair the impact of the treatment. The only way to get the most out of this treatment is to follow the instructions carefully.
Is there a chemical treatment for cysteine?
No, unlike other hair treatments such as highlighting, coloring, smoothing, and straightening, this one is completely chemical-free. As a result, you can confidently choose it!
Is it possible to receive a cysteine hair treatment after I’ve colored my hair?
Hair coloring, usually degrades the texture of the hair, making it dull and dry. So it’s understandable that someone might try to smooth things out. Even if you have colored hair, you can get cysteine treatment. However, it’s vital to keep in mind that this treatment began at least three months before cysteine. It’s also best not to color your hair for a few months after the procedure.
Can I use oil or henna on my thin hair after the cysteine treatment?
Applying oil or henna to your hair can detract from the sheen and softness you’ve achieved with this treatment.
Can hair loss be caused by cysteine hair treatment?
No, it really promotes hair growth. Cysteine is a type of protein that is necessary for the health of hair. It’s best to avoid getting cysteine, keratin or straightening treatments on a regular basis. However, they are less damaging to the hair than repetitive blow-drying, curling, ironing, and chemical treatments.
Is cysteine treatment good for hair?
Yes, Cysteine hair treatments can be very good for your hair, depending on your requirement. The cysteine complex, a non-essential amino acid found naturally in Keratin adds shine and prevents further damage. This also helpful for removing severe frizz and dryness.
Creative, versatile, and passionate about her craft, Rupa Das is a well-recognized name in the world of fashion and makeup! This is a woman who has been in the fashion and makeup industry for 24 years and is still one of the leading international makeup artist in the circuit! She has worked in big brands like Lakme, Green Trends, Colors and transitioned to become a Beauty (Hair & Skin) Trainer.